- This event has passed.
Crush the Competition! A Drum Battle
May 19 @ 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
The Farina Foundation and Brighton Music Center are proud to present the first ever Crush the Competition! A Drum Battle. It is the mission of the Farina Foundation to get instruments in the hands of youth in our communities- ensuring that each student has access to music education and the possibility to fulfill their musical dreams. We are thrilled to celebrate Brighton Music Center’s, our most valued partner, 65th anniversary by gifting two professional level drum kits, a Crush Drum Kit and a Pearl Drum Kit, to two very talented young drummers.
The drum competition is open to students in grades 8-12, ages 13-21, in the Greater Pittsburgh Area. The top applicants will be selected by an expert group of judges to showcase their skills on May 19, 2023. The 1st place winner will receive a Crush Drum Kit with Zildijan cymbals and a Dixon Drum throne. The 2nd place winner will receive and a Pearl Drum Kit. The 3rd place winner will receive a gift certificate to Brighton Music Center and Zildijan and Dixon Drum merchandise.
Applications are due by May 15, 2023 with details and instructions for the showcase. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or for alternate application method.
How to Apply
- Click here to complete the Google form with the required personal and contact information.
- You must be logged into a Google account in order to complete the application form.
- Upload a video with you introducing yourself, stating your name, age, school and grade. The video should also include you playing clips, of your choice, from famous drummers Neil Pert and Buddy Rich, as well as a freestyle displaying your musical creativity.
- The video should be NO LONGER than 3 minutes.
- Students in grades 8-12 between the ages of 13-21 years old.
- Complete the application process in its entirety.
- If selected as a finalist be available to attend the in-person competition on May 19, 2023.